Who we are and what is our objective
Al-Manar Trust is a non-profit Islamic Trust, aiming to serve the muslim community in aspects of education and culture, enabling the community to engage positively within the wider NZ community and making a positive influence, whilst maintaining their identity of being Muslims.
Al-Manar Trust was first established in 1998 by a group of brothers from different backgrounds, with the aim of attending to the needs of the Muslim community. The first achievement was the establishment of the first Arabic/ Islamic school, named “dar-alsalam”. As the years went by, the number of activities and services offered by al-manar trust increased e.g. Relief work, Mosque, Quran course and more.
Our Goals and Achievements
- Preserving the Muslim identity of permanent and temporary Muslims in NZ
- Special emphasis on developing the Muslim youth educationally and religiously and helping them face any
challenges they come across.
- Educating the Muslim women and providing support to help the Muslim women fulfill her pivotal
responsibility in the Muslim community.
- Preserving the essence of the Muslim Family through education and hard work.
- Diligent work in uniting the Muslim community upon the school of Ahlo sunna wa aljama’a, and supporting
effort of da’wa all across the Muslim community.
- Showing and Introducing Islam to non-Muslims through organised Da’wa work, as well as helping new
Muslims integrate into the Muslim community.
- Help those in need all across the world (New Zealand, Somalia, India etc.)
Shaykh Abu Anas
Trust President & Religious Advisor
Dr. Asfahaan Mirza
Abu Mohamed Zalat